Fairstone, is Canada’s leading non-bank provider of responsible lending solutions. With roots in Canada since 1923 and over 200 branches coast to coast, Fairstone provides personal loans and home equity loans designed to suit today’s borrowing needs. Fairstone also partners with a wide network of businesses to deliver flexible consumer financing programs. Fairstone is proud to make a difference in the communities where we live and work, because community matters. Please visit our website: https://www.fairstonecanada.ca/home
The Scrum Master will support Fairstone business vision in the following areas:
▪ Managing development activities
▪ Managing delivery of initiatives to implementation
▪ Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, developers, and quality assurance specialists
▪ Ability to coach agile principles to various levels within the organization, including stakeholders, release managers, and product development teams, taking organization maturity level into account.
▪ Manages and tracks team performance in relation to the plan and published progress reports, burn down and velocity charts.
▪ Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
▪ Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
▪ Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past.
▪ Work with technical leads to monitor status of requirements through requirements elaboration, design, implementation and internal testing.
▪ Work with Program Manager(s) and Program Management Office (PMO) to monitor integrated schedule of deployments, sustainment releases, to coordinate and de-conflict resources.
▪ Ability to work with the product owner and the product team to manage a continuous product backlog grooming process.
▪ Ability to work within a lean UX and lean engineering environment.
▪ Ensure Scrum, Kanban and other agile methods are being followed as agreed to by the team.
▪ Remove barriers and impediments for product development teams.
▪ Participate and contribute to product roadmap and release plans.
▪ Govern the “Definition of Done” process to ensure product and engineering goals are being fulfilled, including, but not limited to: automated test results, security test results, automated CI and CD results and contractual deliverables. Work with the product development teams to address gaps in fulfilling “Done”.
▪ Whenever required being able to fulfill any position in the team (Business analyst, technical analyst, developer…)
If interested, please aply to firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ Bachelor’s Degree in the Computer Technology field, such as IS, IT, or Computer Science
▪ Demonstrated 5+ years’ experience in development and implementation of enterprise systems
▪ 5+ years of experience working with product development teams that practice modern and lean product development methods, such user-centered and user experience design, DevOps, public API development, micro services, and acceptance test driven development
▪ 5+ years’ experience in Agile and Kanban methodology
▪ Experience with Jira, Confluence and other Agile Atlassian tools are preferred
▪ Scrum Master Certification (CSM) desired - must obtain within 90 days of start date.
▪ Ability to communicate with technical as well as business partners
▪ Ability to analyze business processes and technology application
▪ Knowledge of high-level organizational skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
▪ Thorough contributor and high performer
▪ Ability to analyze complex problems, interprets operational needs, and develops creative solutions in a technical environment
▪ Ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, performs in-depth work analysis, and develops project management reports and flow charts in an Agile/Scrum environment
▪ Ability to influence others and hold accountable without direct authority
▪ Excellent English and French oral and written communication skills
▪ Authorized to work in Canada